Reflectors are designed to send light in one direction (rather than all-directional bulbs) which makes them perfect for track lights or recessed ceiling cans (also called "high hats" or "pots").
Recommended uses: track lighting, recessed lighting, high hats, or pots
Reflector sizes are driven by the width of the opening (or personal preference).
- Lasts 22+ years (25,000 hours) based on 3 hours/day
- Equivalent brightness to a 45-watt incandescent bulb (450 lumens)
- Normal light appearance (soft white - 2700K)
- Provides increasingly warmer light as it dims (2700K > 2200K)
- Uni-directional light, like traditional reflector bulbs
- Standard/Medium (E26) base size
- Energy Star rated; uses 6 watts
- Included in the Try Light Kit
We suggest you use only reflectors (not all-directional bulbs) in recessed ceiling lights. Using an all-direction bulb (like #1) results in most of the light staying inside the can -- which is why that corner of your living room is still dark...